Monday, August 20, 2012

Porcupines and a Great Lake

A week ago, my husband and I spent a few days in Michigan on the shore of Lake Huron. Lake Huron is a beautiful, clear lake - in places almost a Caribbean blue.

We went on some hikes and found things like this porcupine up a tree (click the picture to see him bigger):


And we swam and walked along the lakeshore:


I live close to Cleveland and Lake Erie. It may be because we're by a major city, but Lake Erie is not as pretty as the other Great Lakes that I've seen - Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, and Lake Superior. I guess I've caught a glimpse of Lake Ontario, too, but not a good look.

It was nice to get away for a few days, and it was hard to remember that we weren't next to an ocean, but a freshwater lake. The beach was sandy and beautiful, and the water was gorgeous.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the porcupine. He's cute.

Our dog is sick and dying now. It is pretty hard. She won't eat anything and is so weak.

ICQB said...

Anonymous -

My heart goes out to you. I hope your good friend finds peace soon. I know exactly how hard it is to go through this. Your dog will always love you, just like you will always love him or her.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind comments. Our dog passed away today.

She was such a good dog. We will all miss her.

ICQB said...

Anonymous - I am so sorry. I wish I could give you a hug. She knew how much you loved her. Take comfort in all of the wonderful memories, and know she loves you, too.

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I feel better.

Thanks

ICQB said...

: )