Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Ginger Beer and Pound Cake

I've been watching some really interesting BBC shows on YouTube. I think there are three different shows, if there are more, let me know! Anyway, they are Tudor Monastery Farm, Victorian Farm, and Edwardian Farm. In the shows, three people live the life of farmers in that particular era for a year. The shows are so interesting, I love them. The other day, after watching Edwardian Farm episode V, I was inspired to make pound cake and ginger beer. I've got the ginger beer doing its thing in a dark closet. It should be ready in a few days. The pound cake is just about ready to come out of the oven and smells delicious.

One other thing I've been up to is Eco-printing. Here is a cotton carry-bag that I printed with things from my yard:



I don't know how long the color will last before fading. I did mordant the bag before hand, so that might help a bit.

No comments: