Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Finished handwoven Icelandic cloth



Here is the finished cloth I wove with the Icelandic tog and thel yarns I spun. The first picture in each set is fresh off the loom, pre fulling. The second picture in each set is the fulled and finished cloth. 

The fact that I was able to weave three yards instead of just two, coupled with the fact that it didn’t shrink up as much as I had anticipated in the fulling process means that I have more cloth than I thought. Pre-fulling it measured 3 yards long, 28 inches wide. After fulling it measures 2.8 yards long, 21 inches wide. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love how you've worked such gentle stripes into the weft. It must ave taken sooo long to spin all of that!

ICQB said...

Thanks, Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

You are amazingly talented. I was pulled into your blog this evening as I was curious about growing/harvesting/processing flax. Your flax journey was fascinating, and now I’m all curious about wool varieties and natural dyes!