Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Garden Pics - Hey, it's that time of year : - )

We had a yummy salad last night with some greens from the garden: red lettuce, chard, and spinach. Here's a picture of our colorful chard. The variety is Five Color Silverbeet. I ordered the seeds from Seedsavers Exchange:


Here are some pretty bean blossoms. I have two types of beans, one is called Red Swan bean, which is a cross between a purple snap bean and a pinto. The other is called Dragon's Tongue Bean, and is a type of Dutch wax bean. I'm not sure which these blossoms represent. I didn't mark them when I planted, but the beans will tell all. Dragon's Tongue pods are creamy with purple, stripey marks. Red Swan will have dusty red-rose pods. Hopefully we'll find out which these are soon:


Here is one of my Hillbilly Potato Leaf tomato plants:


They are aptly named by the looks of this potato plant:


Here is one of my garlics curling up with my lavender and yarrow:


My blueberries continue to develop and ripen. Yum!:


Yellow St. John's wort flowers produce a red-hued infused oil. These are just about ready for the process - you have to use the fresh herb to make infused oil:


What a surprise, calendula already producing buds! For the past two years I've had to wait 'till nearly August to see blossoms. Wow!:

How does your garden grow?

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Well every thing id coming along fine, You have some unusual varieties there too.
Love
Lyn
xxx

ICQB said...

Hi Lyn!

I can't wait to dig in once it's all ripe!

Adrienne said...

Such a pretty garden! Try to say 'potato leaf tomato plant' five times really fast. :)

ICQB said...

Hi adrienne!

Ha! I can say it barely one time fast. It's almost harder than 'she sells seashells...'