Saturday, May 4, 2013

Enjoying the weekend at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

I'm having a blast at the sheep and wool festival this weekend. The only drawback is that I bought so much stuff today that I hurt my shoulder lugging it around, and there's still one more day!

Here are a few examples of the many, many sheep at the festival. It's the 40th annual S&W festival so they wanted to have at least 40 different breeds - and they have over 40! Lots to look at, and all of that wonderful wool...

I can't remember the breeds of each of these sheep, except the one with the multiple horns, that one's a Jacob.

Munching down on a mid-morning snack:
 


Probably can't wait to be shorn:


Inquisitive!:



One of the longwool breeds:



One of the Jacob sheep - I bought the most gorgeous Jacob fleece (not from this particular sheep), people were stopping me to admire it as I was lugging it around the festival grounds:


Needs a haircut, lol!:

 
 
And tomorrow is another day! Hope my shoulder feels better, I didn't even get around to all of the vendors today.
 

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

Eeeee!! I cannot wait to see what you create with your purchases.

ICQB said...

Hi Katelyn!

I'll busy washing, combing, carding and spinning for awhile!