Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Great Lakes Fiber Show

I went to the Great Lakes Fiber Show today in Wooster, Ohio. I saw some animals, including alpacas:

 
and sheep:
 

and I bought too many fleeces:

 
No, those aren't ALL mine, but combined with what I picked up at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, it feels like I have that much stashed away in my garage.
 
I also picked up some mohair and some angora. I don't know why I bought mohair, it's so expensive, and I don't really like it that much. But I did get a really good deal on it. Angora is expensive, too, but if you blend it with other things, you can get the benefit without feeling too much bite in the wallet.
 
I have a lot of work ahead of me to get all of that wool washed and combed/carded/dyed/spun. Good thing I like it so much.
 

No comments: