Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Cloth woven with handspun singles is off the loom

 The cloth I wove with handspun singles as the warp and the weft is off the loom! These picture show it fresh off the loom before any washing or fulling. I used gelatin sizing on the singles. I ran out of sized singles at one point (about halfway through the weaving) and scoured my handspun stash for any singles I had. I finished the weaving with un-sized singles. You can see where that happened in the weaving as there is a sudden draw-in of the fabric. Next in the process will be fulling, which will also wash the yarn. I expect some of the whites to brighten up a bit. It measures about 120 x 24 inches pre-fulling.

The smaller plain weave piece is what I wove after finishing the length that I wanted in the twill pattern. I still had a bit of weft so I wove the plain weave with some two-ply yarns I grabbed from my handspun stash. This piece measures about 27x 24 inches pre-fulling.








No comments: