Saturday, February 26, 2022

What I made with the fabric woven from handspun singles

 Here is what I made with the wool fabric I wove from handspun singles (both warp and weft). It’s more of a poncho than a serape. It is closed on the sides at the bottom 5 inches. It was almost a ruana, but I eventually went with what you see instead. I cut up the smaller bit of cloth that I wove on the extra bit of warp I had and added it to the bottom of the garment to get a little more length.

The only raw edge on the whole thing is the bottom front edge, all other edges are selvedges on the weaving and not hemmed. Instead of hemming the bottom of the garment, I hopefully will be tablet-weaving a band with which to decorate it. I probably won’t get to that until the summer.

It’s kind-of all higgledy piggledy and thrown together. I don’t really have the time or the energy for really precise things right now. Hopefully in the not too-distant future I will. It really was woven as an experiment and I made what I could that seemed easy enough with the fabric. 








2 comments:

Kim said...

What a lovely, subtle pattern. And it looks cozy!

ICQB said...

Thanks, Kim!