Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beautiful Spiderworts




Here are some of my spiderworts with their pretty flowers open. They are at the edge of the park next door where things get a little wild and weedy before they become tame again.





Believe it or not, I got them a few years ago at Walmart. I've never seen anything like spiderwort at Walmart before or since.






At the same time, they also had some lovely yellow lillies which I bought to plant along with the spiderwort. At the store they were in bloom at the same time. In reality, the lillies bloom right after the spiderwort.







This morning is windy and overcast. The flash actually came on when I took these pictures, so it washed out the pretty yellow centers of the purple flowers.





It stormed last night. Just before the storms came in last evening, the light from the setting sun caught in the towering, billowing clouds. It was a beautiful sight and I wished I'd had my camera with me, but I was on the other side of the park with my doggy and my camera was safe at home. Later in the evening the sky became dark and literally boiled as the storms moved in.





The skies here are always intersting and I often wish I could capture them on film when I'm out walking around with my pup.















These pictures were taken way back in early winter of 2006. We get many beautiful sunsets here and I'm often out in the nether regions of the park with the dog while they're occuring.













I should make it a point to bring my camera along with me on walks so that I can capture some of the beautiful things that I see.









Hope you have a nice day!

2 comments:

fiona said...

wow! what an amazing sky ... so VERY Lord of the Rings!!

ICQB said...

Hi Hedgewitch - I know! The light that those kinds of sunsets cast on everything transforms the landscape around you into another world.