Friday, April 17, 2009

A Beautiful Day

Wow, what a nice day we've had today. Sunny, warm.

I've been doodling around with a couple of story ideas. Yesterday a new and promising idea came and I started outlining and writing. In the middle of the night the 'twist' I was searching for popped into my head and so today I rewrote the smattering I already had. I've got a good start.

I get excited about ideas sometimes and start the writing and really think things are going wonderfully for a few days. Then I'll actually think about what I'm writing and say, "Ugh, what in the world was I thinking?"

I'm still at the excited stage with this one, but I think I may be able to take this one all the way to the end. Why? Because I can actually envision the end, and that's a big stumbling block with most of my other ideas. I can't see the end, not even a whisper of it. For me that makes it hard to write what leads up to it. The end doesn't have to be fully realized, but I have to know enough for it to act as a guide for what lies between it and the beginning.

And since today has been so nice, I was able to do a lot of my writing outside with pen and notebook. I was so involved with my writing that the poor dog's little wimpers and woofs, reminding me that there was a ball that needed to be thrown, went mostly unheeded.

He must think I'm crazy, to be outside and NOT want to throw a ball!

No comments: