Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wood for chopping

Apart from the new herb garden project (see previous post), we finally got a dead poplar taken down today.

It was the tallest tree in our yard (alive or dead):


Now it lies strewn on the ground:

We were too cheap to pay to have the wood and debris hauled away. Hey, I have children, why do I need to pay someone to do all that?

Seriously though, I have a friend who heats her home with a wood stove and is always looking for more fuel. If it turns out that she can't take it, then my family will take turns chopping it into firewood four our own use. I've done it before (albeit, in my youth). Between the four of us, I'm sure we can get the job done.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I saw the images for your herbal balms and all I could think is I hope you have one for sore muscles... :)

ICQB said...

Hi adrienne!

Ha! What I need is wintergreen salve, it's like nature's aspercreme. I still haven't gone back to look for any in the woods, though.

Luckily my friend is coming by to pick up the wood today : )