Sunday, January 17, 2010

Heading West

This summer my family and I will be loading up the pack mules and heading out west:

I suspect we'll be gone for a couple of weeks or so, visiting relatives and seeing sights.

These pictures are of Bryce Canyon. We took them on a trip we made out west five years ago.


This time we'll be further south. We'll be in Texas, New Mexico, and possibly Arizona.

The sights in those parts of the west are very different from the Bryce Canyon area in Utah. On our trip this summer, we'll be seeing things like White Sands National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns, and lots of other interesting things.

I just wanted to warm up a bit and think ahead to summer and the hot, sunny southwest.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You are heading into pretty country. Full of memories for me, White Sand, Carlsbad Caverns and the drive through the desert heading to El Paso, sunset shines on the Guadalupe Peak.

ICQB said...

Hi Ocean Girl!

I lived in Las Cruces for many years - both of my children were born there. What brought you to the area?

Yarrow said...

Oh gosh, how wonderful, my dream holiday. I can't wait to see the pictures when you get back. Take care. x

ICQB said...

Hi Yarrow!

I'll be sure to post pictures after the trip - it seems a long way off right now...