Monday, March 7, 2011

I saw a bald eagle today!

There I was walking the dog when I spotted a bald eagle happily circling part of the park next door (where I was at the time) and the neighborhood.

Bald eagle numbers have been increasing here in northeast Ohio and so these sightings are becoming less rare. There are lots of nesting sites along the upper Cuyahoga River, and in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, which is just a hop skip and a jump away from where I live.

My son and my daughter have both seen bald eagles over the past few years while doing mundane things like driving home from high school and (again) walking the dog.

But today was my turn, and it was pretty nifty to watch a bald eagle soaring over the soccer fields in the neighborhood park.

2 comments:

Melissa Nott said...

Hi! I saw a bald eagle two days ago, here in Michigan. It made my day, I tell you! Congratulations on your sighting! The eagle I saw was crouched in a corn field. Got a few good photos of him. It was like he was saying, "Here I am for my photo shoot!" Cars were pulling over and people were gawking. Exciting.

ICQB said...

Hi Melissanott!

How Exciting! It was nice of your eagle to pose for You!