Monday, March 21, 2011

The full moon, deer, and Runa

Over the weekend, the moon's elliptical orbit brought it the closest to earth that it's been in 18 years.

photo by Steve Ash

My husband and I had tickets on Saturday night, the full moon night, to see the Celtic band, Runa, perform in the cozy venue of a nearby national park lodge. My husband dropped me off and went to take a few pictures of the moon. He finally joined me at intermission, so he was able to enjoy the last half of the concert, which was fabulous.

photo by Steve Ash

We came across a herd of deer grazing at the edge of a forest on our way to the lodge. We snapped a few photos of them, too.


Click on any of the pictures to see them even bigger, and then hit the back arrow to come back to the blog.

Hope your weekend was enjoyable, too. And Happy Spring!

6 comments:

OurWanderingAdventures said...

what beautiful photos!!

ICQB said...

Hi Michelle!

Thank you!

טיסות said...

The photos are very beutifull !! makes me fly:)

ICQB said...

Hi טיסות!

Thank you! That's a very nice compliment!

Sarah said...

Beautiful photos!
Kisses!

ICQB said...

Hi Sarah!

Thank you! I popped over to your blog and fed your fish : )