Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two things...

First, Elizabeth Taylor has passed away at the age of 79. The other day I was excited to find my favorite movie of hers in the $5 bin at the store - National Velvet. She's very young in that movie. Her youth and energy are so immediate and palpable, and I always think about how, when she made that movie, she had her whole life ahead of her. It's sad to think that a legend is now gone, but today I'll unwrap my $5 prize and see her again as she was when it all still lay before her.


Elizabeth Taylor and Mickey Rooney in National Velvet

Second, the movie Jane Eyre will be in out soon. I never really liked the book, classic though it is. It was always a little too dark and creepy for me, and I didn't really like the love story. But, of course, I will go see the movie - the trailer makes it look very good. And I'll probably revisit the book. Maybe I'll be cajoled into seeing what all of the other admirers of Jane Eyer see.

2 comments:

pam said...

Try tasting the yearning in Jane Eyre even if you dislike the characters. Erm
Like the blog- easy to read with a lovely feel to it.
W X

ICQB said...

Hi spikeygolightly!

Thanks for the suggestion on coming at Jane Eyer from a different direction.

And thanks for the compliment : )