Sunday, November 29, 2009

Honest Scrap

I've been tagged by ricki over at spring to twig with Honest Scrap.

I am supposed reveal some honest truths about myself and then tag some fellow bloggers so that they can be scrapily honest as well. Okay, here goes:

  1. I am flattered when I receive tags and awards and I like to get them, but to be perfectly honest, I am also very shy. For that reason I rarely tag anyone else because I always hate to impose. So, with that in mind, I challenge all readers of this to be perfectly honest with themselves about themselves and maybe find something new and interesting about your very own person. See, in that way I've tagged everyone, and no one has to feel as though they must share anything.
  2. I love gardening, but I hate to water things. I'm very lazy that way. So it's great when I find native plants that look great and don't have to be pampered. I hate pampering.
  3. I absolutely hate cleaning house, so don't EVER come over unannounced. Give me some warning so that I can wipe a few surfaces down, hide the clutter, and sweep up the stray cat hair. If you pop in unexpected, I may not let you in the door : )
  4. I absolutely love a dogwood tree in winter - the way the buds are held facing upward at the end of an artfully curved twig. In the winter I sometimes stand at the window by which my dogwood grows, and just look at the beauty and the grace of the thing. Sometimes for very long stretches at a time.
  5. My dog loves going for walks in snowstorms. And secretly I do too.

So that's the honest scrap on me : )

4 comments:

jo said...

Don't even think about it......
:-)

ICQB said...

Hi Jo!

No worries!

Adrienne said...

I enjoyed that list. No snowstorms or dogwoods here, but I can completely relate to the first three. And I can spend a good amount of time gazing out the window...there is a lot to admire!

ICQB said...

Hi adrienne!

My cats spend a lot of time gazing out the window too. They're usually hoping to see a bird, I think. And to be honest, a cardinal in the dogwood when there is a little hat of snow on top of each bud at the end of each twig is really a treat.