Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Weathering the Holidays

The weather has just begun to turn cold. We had snow the day after Thanksgiving, and then on Saturday we had one more mild day with the sun. Toward the end of this week, however, we will be dipping into the 20's at night.

And the cold weather leaves me no excuses to be outside instead of inside where I need to do some deep cleaning and some painting of a couple of rooms before a bounty of guests descends for my husband's departmental holiday get-together (at our home this year). Frankly, I'm not sure everyone will fit comfortably in our home without slopping drinks and finger food on one another.

Sigh.

Hubby had the swine flu last week. He's better now and the rest of us are symptom free still. I don't know if it's because the bug is still incubating, or if it's due to wiping everything down constantly with Clorox wipees, spraying Lysol liberally in the rooms where hubby was lying about, or the "Stave Off" tea (one of my little concoctions) I made the rest of us drink everyday.

I'm really hoping that I don't come down with it, because then I don't know how I'll get the painting, and readying, and holiday decorating of the house done in time for the get-together.

Well, I'm hale and hardy now, so off to look at paint samples....

No comments: