Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lebkuchen II - or - My cookies are so good they deserve a special box

I talked about making my own lebkuchen in the last post. I must report that they turned out very yummy. I sealed them up with sliced-up oranges for a few days, and they are now so spicy and Christmas-y that I am over the top with taste happiness.

In fact, they're so good, they almost deserve their own special box, like this one from Nuremberg which came stuffed with German lebkuchen and pfeffernusse:
The red sock is a failed felted slipper that I was attempting to make for my son a couple of years ago. It came out HUGE. My son has big feet, but not that big. So we saved it and now put it out with the Christmas decorations and call it, "Santa's Sock." I did consequently make him slippers that fit, and all in grey (although I must point out that red and white were his original color choices).

Here is a shot of the inside of the tin's lid - all in German, of course:
Here's wishing you all a Frohliche Weihnachten!

2 comments:

Yarrow said...

I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas. Enjoy the cookies, they sound wonderful, yum :)

ICQB said...

Hi Yarrow!

Thanks! We did have a lovely Christmas - hope yours was warm and merry!