Thursday, November 20, 2008

A quick change of seasons

Here is a picture of some cattails. They are in the park next to my house. I took the picture on July 15th for my July Bloom Day post:

Here are the same cattails as of yesterday, November 20th:

I've lived here in northeast Ohio for seven years now. In that time we've never had snow like this, this early. Several years ago we had a year in which snow fell on Thanksgiving and never stopped and never melted until late spring. We didn't see the ground from Thanksgiving dinner until well after Easter. I'm wondering if this year will be comparable.

I need new boots.

2 comments:

Q said...

Dear ICQB,
Oh yes new boots and lots of warm pretty hats!!
The snow is pretty but I would be weary of it if it started in November and stayed until April!
I think I would have to do Southern Living if I lived as far north as you.
Do keep warm.
I will send many blessings your way.
Sherry, who wears many hats

ICQB said...

Thanks, Sherry!

I will think of you every time I don a hat this winter!

ICQB