Sunday, November 30, 2008

Candymaking: homemade caramels and candies

This week is reserved for candymaking. I'll be making caramels, chocolatey covered candy honeycomb, and maybe fudge, but that's a big maybe. It'll all go out with holiday gifts (well most of it will).

I've sold my candy at the local farmer's market before, which is a lot of fun. I'd love to open a candy store, but my nice little town already has three of them.

Maybe I can take some pictures as my candymaking week progresses. If I do I'll post them.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Thank you for dropping by and leaving a comment, I love your blog :) I'm going to save it and visit again. Also, thanks for the Septimus Heape reminder, my son loved the first one, so I may get him a couple more.

Kim x

Anonymous said...

Linda, I just spent some time reading your blog and stories and wanted you to know how much I enjoyed it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your story titled "Love"--the characters are incredibly well-developed and I was completely engaged in their lives, like they were people I knew. My heart was breaking for Gabe! Your creepy travel tale was way cool and I was also, as a side note, very jealous of your biking through Europe, though I did at least have a month-long cross-country USA trip when I was 20. :) Have fun with your candymaking and enjoy a wonderful holiday. Best--Marsha

ICQB said...

Hi Kim! And thank you, too, for dropping by my blog. Your three blogs are very charming - my daughter loves horses so I will have to show them to her.

Here's hoping you did well at the exhibition!

Cheers,
ICQB

ICQB said...

Hi Marsha!

I'm tickled that you spent time looking at my blogs - thanks! And thank you for your very kind words about my stories.

I hope your holiday weekend was wonderful - now on to December!

Hope to see you again soon,

ICQB (Linda)